Our local pubs, The Turnpike and The Royal Sun, serve good quality food and drink. Nearby Kidlington and Woodstock have a good range of pubs and restaurants. Oxford is a bus ride away and the bus stop is a 2 mintue walk. We have a local supermarket and petrol station. There are good walks and Yarnton Nurseries with an antique centre, cafe and aquatic centre is less than 5 minutes walk away. Please note that our address is 226 Woodstock Road, Yarnton, Oxon and NOT 226 Woodstock Road, Oxford
Nearby Points of Interest
- Oxford City (5 mi)
- Oxford has an incredible mix of historical buildings and modern amenities. It's world renowned universities are open to the public during certain months of the year. Other places of interest are The Bodleian Library, Ashmolean Musuem, Pitt Rivers Museum, Radcliffe Camera and Botanical Gardens, It has three theatres and a number of cinemas together with a huge selection of bars and restaurants. Iffley Road running track is where Roger Bannister ran the first sub-4 minute mile.
- Blenheim Palace (2 mi)
- Blenheim Palace is an 18th century country house and a national monument. It is the birthplace and ancestral home of Winston Churchill and today it remains home to the 11th Duke of Marlborough. The palace is open to the public and includes a butterfly house, maze, plant centre and a cafeteria. The grounds are also accessible to the public and include about 5 miles of land in the Great park area. It hosts events including, the CLA Game Fair, Horse Trials, outdoor concerts and arts events.
- Bicester Village Designer Outlet (10 mi)
- Bicester Village is a designer outlet centre consisting of over 130 stores. It is best known for its high-end brands such as Ralph Lauren, Gucci, Jaeger, Gieves and Hawkes, Bose, Villeroy and Boch, Jimmy Choo, Ted Baker and Jack Wills. It also has some excellent restaurants and coffee shops. We can arrange transport to take you to Bicester Village and then pick you up.
- Bladon - Resting Place of Winston Churchill (3 mi)
- Bladon is famous as being both the birthplace and resting place of Winston Churchill. His grave can be found in the churchyard at St Martin’s Parish. Blenheim Palace can be accessed from both Bladon and Woodstock. It is a lovely village with an antiques shop and tearooms.
- Woodstock (3 mi)
- Woodstock is a historical town which was declared a World Heritage Site in 1987. It has many interesting shops, such as antique shops and art shops, tea shops, pubs and restaurants. It houses the Oxfordshire Museum with many works of art and even a Dinosaur Garden. It also provides access to the public grounds of Blenheim Palace.
- Country Walks (2 mi)
- There are a wide range of Country walks in and around the area. These include University Parks and Port Meadow.
- Blenheim Triathlon (2 mi)
- June/July at Blenheim Palace
- Battle Proms Concert (2 mi)
- July at Blenheim Palace
- Blenheim Horse Trials (2 mi)
- September at Blenheim Palace
- Grand Prix at Silverstone (25 mi)
- British Grand Prix at Silverstone
- Post Office (0 mi)
- Local Post Office
- Local Supermarket (0 mi)
- Modern, well stocked Budgens Supermarket with ATM
- Petrol Station (0 mi)
- Petrol Station with car wash
From London via M40(48.0mi, 77.2km)
From London take M40 north. Exit Junc 8 A40 Oxford. Follow A40 for 5 miles. At 3rd roundabout take A44 to Woodstock/Blenheim Palace. At next roundabout (Peartree) take 2nd exit and move to left lane, turn left at next roundabout (Loop Farm). At second signposted Yarnton Nurseries turn right. Take the slip road IMMEDIATELY on your left. Pass six houses and a field and you will arrive at Blenheim Edge. Please note our address is 226 Woodstock Road, Yarnton, Oxon and NOT 226 Woodstock Road, Oxford.
From Birmingham (M40)(60.0mi, 96.6km)
From M40 south exit Junc 9 A34 Oxford. At roundabout take 3rd exit A34 Oxford. Follow for 7 miles. Exit at Peartree signpost A44 Woodstock/Blenheim Palace. Take 4th exit (A44 Woodstock). Move to left lane and turn left at next roundabout (Loop Farm). At 2nd roundabout (signposted Yarnton Nurseries) turn right. Take slip road IMMEDIATELY on your left. Blenheim Edge is 100m up on the right. Please note our address is 226 Woodstock Rd, Yarnton, Oxon and NOT 226 Woodstock Road, Oxford
From Newbury A34 and M4)(30.0mi, 48.3km)
Exit A34 at the Peartree signposted Woodstock and Blenheim Palace (A44). Take the left lane off slip road and turn left at the next roundabout, signposted Woodstock & Blenheim Palace. At 2nd roundabout (signposted Yarnton Nurseries) turn right. Take the slip road IMMEDIATELY on your left. Pass six houses and a field and you will arrive at Blenheim Edge. Please note our address is 226 Woodstock Road, Yarnton, Oxon and NOT 226 Woodstock Road, Oxford.
From Cheltenham West (A40)(40.0mi, 64.4km)
Follow A40 to Woodstock Road roundabout just after BMW garage. Take 1st exit to Peartree Roundabout and at that roundabout take 2nd exit A44 Woodstock & Blenheim Palace. Move to left and turn left at roundabout. At 2nd roundabout (signposted Yarnton Nurseries) turn right. As you come off the roundabout take the slip road IMMEDIATELY on your left. Blenheim Edge is 100m up on the right. Please note our address is 226 Woodstock Road, YARNTON, Oxon and NOT 226 Woodstock Road, OXFORD.
The S3 bus from Oxford and Oxford Railway Station stops about 50m from Blenheim Edge. The S3 has a terminal outside the rail station or at the top of George Street. When getting on the bus ask for the Yarnton Nurseries stop. You will alight after the bus has been through Yarnton village and emerges from Rutten Lane onto the A44. Cross over the main road and turn left up the slip road to Blenheim Edge which is 50 metres up the slip road.